Kira Craft argues her case.
Yvonne Zipter compiled this list...
Top Ten reasons the Obamas should consider adopting a greyhound:
- They look as stately as the new president and first lady
- They will comport themselves with dignity at state functions
- They won’t bark during press conferences
- They will stand quietly for photo shoots
- They will happily spend their time sleeping while Malia and Sasha are in school
- They are the ultimate in promoting recycling: these one-time racing dogs make perfect pets
- America is a place where all things are possible and greyhounds survive–and thrive–against impossible odds, becoming loving pets and flyball champions and couch potatoes
- They are the living embodiment of peace and serenity
- Among our ideals–democracy, liberty, opportunity, and unyielding hope–greyhounds demonstrate the ability, the unyielding hope, for a new and better life.
- Whether you get a labradoodle or some other dog, greyhounds make great second dogs. .
In 2007, Gary Varvel saw Obama as a Greyhound...